Alejandro was born and raised in Bogota, Colombia, Alejandro has always been involved in the racing community. Starting at a very young age and for many years Alejandro raced BMX with his brothers. After many accomplishments in the BMX world, Alejandro decided to take on a new racing journey. This new journey would start on his sixteenth birthday when he asked for a go-kart. On February 2012 he set his first laps ever, with no experience behind the wheel. As he explored karting his driving skills dramatically improved. Over the months Alejandro has developed a profound love for the world of motorsports.
After couple of years of rest Alejandro decide to start a new racing journey. He decides to get a go-kart for his 16th birthday from his family. He started racing go-karts February 2012 with no experience what so ever behind a wheel. With a limited amount of race craft he had in his first race, he was in the back of the field however slowly but surely he improved on all aspects such as: vision, car control, data analysis, feedback, proper race line under wet or dry conditions and lastly but not least his driving skills which only continues to grow. He started to practice and compete more and more and a year later in the same championship with the best driver of the states, Alejandro left with a podium position and a heavy favorite to win the championship. Over the months Alejandro has developed a profound love for the sport.
When the helmet comes off, Alejandro enjoys doing what most teenagers do; spending time with his family and friends, playing soccer, snowboarding, mountain biking and R/C cars. Balancing a busy racing life, alongside school and personal life can be challenging for anyone. However, Alejandro manages to maintain high academic honors classes and still remains a part of the AP Honor Roll at Citrus Valley High School.
With his constant desire to improve with each and every race; you can rest assured that when you see Alejandro at the starting grid, you’re looking at a main candidate for victory.
- 2016 Racing for Kids – Driver of the year
- 2016 Fan Favorite Driver of the year Award
- 2016 Seventh place GRC Lites Championship
- One pole in the 2015 Season – GRC Lites
- Eight top 5 in the 2015 Season – GRC Lites
- Three podiums in the 2015 Season – GRC Lites
- 2015 Fourth place GRC Lites Championship
- 2015 Royal Purple Fan Favorite Driver Award
- 2014 Royal Purple Fan Favorite Driver Award
- 2014 Third place GRC Lites Championship
- Top 25 of 91, SKUSA USA Tag Senior.
- Top 18 U.S. Nationals Rotax 2013
- 3rd Challenge of The Americas 2013 Tucson
- 3rd LAKC 2013 PRD Senior Championship
- 3rd Nationals Championship IKF 2013 KPV4
- 3rd Tri-C Grand Prix 2013 Tag Senior
- Tri-C Grand Prix 2013 Rotax Senior Runner-up
- IKF 2013 PRD Senior National Champion
- LAKC 2013 Tag Senior Champion
- LAKC 2012 Tag Senior Champion